Sunday, November 23, 2008

Week Four Reflection

This was a crazy week in my Kindergarten class preparing for Thanksgiving and an entire week off. I enjoyed the information about copyright and the exceptions for teachers. I find it all to still be quite confusing and even after all of the reading and considering the different scenarios in our assignment I still only scored a 57% on the quiz. I think if I run into an area that I question I will still have to look up the exact wording of the rules. I appreciated all of the links to resources especially the slider on the library site.

I was not really familiar with podcasting so I enjoyed that exercise and have come up with a number of ways to use it in my Kindergarten classroom. I am excited to experiment with creating some reading activities for my students using podcasts. I am also interested in incorporating a voice over on a PowerPoint for a keepsake for my families for Christmas. We will see how effective that is! I have used PowerPoint quite a bit so I was familiar with most of the information presented in the tutorials. I appreciated the points concerning the over use of PowerPoints in general and the necessity of moving away from clip art, bullets and too much text! I am looking forward to week five as I do not have to teach, we are out for the Thanksgiving holiday so I will have more time to put into this course.l

No comments: